Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Yes, but in either of these cases is there an excellent performance
> improvement to be gained and is it worth the complexity of your
> optimization? I think not.

Me, too.
I already tried to explain Steve that I have used list.pop(0) in very
few cases during my seven years as a professional Python developer.
Since I knew that popping from the beginning of a list is slower than
popping from the end or just leaving the list unmodified I found ways to
alter my algorithms. The few cases left were either not performance
critical or used dequeue instead.

I vote -0.5 on the change unless Guido, Tim or Raymond think that the
size and complication impact is worth the hassle.

Christian