On Jan 31, 2010, at 11:34 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

>I must admit I quite like the __pyr__ directory approach as well. Since
>the interpreter knows the suffix it is looking for, names shouldn't
>conflict. Using a single directory allows the name to be less cryptic,
>too (e.g. __pycache__).

Something else that occurs to me; the name of the directory (under
folder-per-folder approach) probably ought to be the same as the name of the
module attribute.  There's probably no good reason to make it different, and
making it the same makes the association stronger.

That still gives us plenty of opportunity to bikeshed, but __pycache__ seems
reasonable to me (it's the cache of parsing and compiling the .py file).

-Barry