On 2/06/2010 11:32 AM, Farshid Lashkari wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that if Py_IgnoreEnvironmentFlag is enabled, the Windows
registry is still used to initialize sys.path during startup. Is this an
oversight or intentional?

I guess it falls somewhere in the middle - the flag refers to the 'environment' so I believe it hasn't really been considered as applying to the registry - IOW, the reference to 'environment' probably refers to the specific 'environment variables' rather than the more general 'execution environment'.

I assumed one of the intentions of this flag is to prevent embedded
Python interpreters from being affected by other Python installations.
Ignoring the Window registry as well as environment variables seems to
make sense in this situation.

I agree.

If this is an oversight, would it be too late to have this fixed in
Python 2.7?

Others will have opinions which carry more weight than mine, but I see no reason it should not be fixed for *some* Python version. Assuming no objections from anyone else, I suggest the best way to get this to happen in the short to medium term would be to open a bug with a patch. A bug without a patch would also be worthwhile but would almost certainly cause it to be pushed back to a future 3.x version...

Cheers,

Mark