Steve Holden writes:

 > If the wave were to result in good documentation about how to *get*
 > ready that would be an amazingly useful contribution.

I'm a coauthor of PEP 374 and of http://emacswiki.org/BzrForEmacsDevs.

I think that I can have a document adapted from the Python dev FAQ,
possibly integrating parts of BzrForEmacsDevs (style, ideas, not
literal commands of course -- sorry, Barry<wink>) and the hginit.com
tutorial (assuming it's free enough, will check) by July 21.

If anybody thinks they'd do a better job, or simply that I'm not
appropriate, let me know (I have a thick skin and plenty of other work
to do :-).  If it sounds like a good idea, let me know where and how
to submit (patch to dev FAQ on the tracker is the default).

Of course, collaborators welcome, mail me off list.