On 7/14/2010 4:21 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
Am 13.07.2010 22:29, schrieb Brett Cannon:

             Given how high traffic python-checkins is I don't consider that a
             reasonable place to send follow-up and nor do I consider it the
             responsibility of committers to monitor it. As you said earlier
this
             *isn't* in our standard dev procedures and nor do I think it
should be.
             If you can't find an email address then either python-comitters or
             python-dev would be a better place to send feedback.

         sure if that's a mailman feature, though.

     I think this would be a good idea. It would be nice to have on-topic
traffic
     here. :-)

Or python-committers since this is discussing code already checked in and thus
is somewhat committer-specific. This also has the perk of being easier to spot
(don't know about the rest of you but my python-committers filter makes those
emails much more obvious than python-dev traffic).

I think I've suggested this once, but it met some resistance IIRC (it supposedly
made our development exclusive).

That's why I think it should go on python-dev. If the code hadn't been checked in and you were asking "what do you think of solving this by using the following code", I think you'd put it on python-dev. I'd want the discussion of an actual checkin to occur in that same venue.

I'm still +1 on the idea though, and +1 on python-committers.

That said, I'm +1 on the idea, but only +0 on python-dev.

Eric.