On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Éric Araujo <mer...@netwok.org> wrote:
> Tarek, Antoine, RDM, MAL were +1 on using ~/.python (whether to use
> .pythonx.y or .python/x.y is a subissue to discuss after general agreement).

+0.5

I'd like to see a more complete proposal, including:

- what to do with Windows, Mac OS X

- backward compatibility considered
  (seems straightforward, but seemings are often wrong)

- cross-platform API to locate these files
  (should be able to address the b/w compat issues)

Seems like a good idea to have a "registry" of files known to be placed there
(a wiki page should be sufficient; if the API is used to create the directory,
it can drop in a README.txt pointing to that page).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at gmail.com>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein