On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Jesse Noller wrote:
>
>>-1 on wiki; wikis are where good information goes off to die.
>
> Well, *all* documentation requires vigilance to remain relevant and current.
> I'm sure you don't think the Python wiki is useless, right? ;)

I have to agree with Jesse. We have too many wiki pages that are so
out of date they're dangerous. They serve a purpose, and I think we
should have a wiki in addition to the "official" documentation. This
could be aggressively linked from it so people can comment on that
documentation -- a commenting system like the PHP docs have would be
even better, but that's been an unimplemented idea for so long that
I'm not holding my hopes up. But when one person (or a small group)
sits down to write the "official" guidelines for doing something, I
think using proper revision control and so on can only help improve
the docs and keep them up to date.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)