On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:29:51 -0400
> Fred Drake <fdr...@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
>> > the first thing on the agenda is a complete rewrite of the developer
>> > docs and moving them into the Doc/ directory
>>
>> I'd like to know why you think moving the developer docs into the
>> CPython tree makes sense.
>>
>> My own thought here is that they're not specific to the version of
>> Python, though some of the documentation deals with the group of
>> specific branches being maintained.
>
> Many parts of the library docs aren't version-specific either :)
> The dev docs may differ slightly from one version to another, for
> example if a version introduces some new possibilities for tooling, or
> far-reaching implementation changes (think Unladen Swallow).
>
> The practicality argument of being able to edit those docs without
> having to master a separate (pydotorg) workflow sounds quite strong to
> me.

Agreed with Antoine here the additional workflow/repo/build process/etc sucks

Besides - who cares if only a subset of users would be interested in
our workflow? If it's more than 0, and it helps bring on new
contributors, who cares? If we can make it easier to maintain
information, and find that information, why not do it?

jesse