On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <mar...@v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Instead, I recall that a decision was made (and I'm not sure whether
> with consensus or not) that "make install" would install
> /usr/bin/python3, for the time being. Period.

Indeed, that's my recollection as well. Whether python3 ever inherits
the python symlink at some point in the future is a different question
that has never really been discussed (and probably makes more sense at
the distro level at this point in time - "python = Python 2.x, python3
= Python 3.x" will likely stand as python-dev's consensus
recommendation for quite some time to come).

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncogh...@gmail.com   |   Brisbane, Australia