> I don't understand all the worry about sys.subversion.

Really? For a security release, there should be *zero* chance that it
breaks existing applications, unless the application relies on the
security bug that has been fixed. By "zero chance", I mean absolutely
no chance, never. I'm pretty sure that applications *will* break because
of the change to sys.subversion, or sys.version. People made bug reports
complaining that sys.version has a newline on some systems and not on
others.

> It's not like
> it's useful to anybody else than us

I think you underestimate what API people actually use in applications

http://tinyurl.com/292vhxx
http://tinyurl.com/23ah8ps
http://tinyurl.com/27fhyvk
http://tinyurl.com/28cuyv9