On 2010-12-12 18:42 , Glenn Linderman wrote:
On 12/12/2010 2:26 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
The thing*I*  hit very early was wanting to add a command lime option
to my script to set the logging level. I'd have liked to be able to
add --log=INFO/DEBUG/... but to do that I seem to need to write my own
mapping between level names and numbers. A simple example of how to
tie command line options to logging config would be a great addition
to the documentation.

Oh?

import * from logger # change some details to avoid this
basicConfig( level= eval( opt.loglevel )

level = getattr(logging, opt.logLevel)

or

level = logging._levelNames[opt.logLevel]

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco