On 2/14/2011 5:15 PM, Greg Ewing wrote:
Giampaolo RodolĂ  wrote:

for me it should also fit one crucial requirement: it
should be *simple* and reflect the simplicity and "taste" of all other
stdlib modules, and to fulfill such a requirement I think Twisted
probably needs to be "adapted" a bit.

My thoughts exactly -- from a bird's eye view, Twisted appears
to be very far from simple. While there may be some good ideas
to adopt from it, I suspect that finding them will require just
as much careful thought as designing an API from scratch.

I find this hard to believe, given the brainpower behind Twisted and the willingness of the Twisted devs to help with this. Starting from scratch seems like a very bad idea.