On 7/03/2011 10:04 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
Paul Moore was +1 on Windows being included. Mark did accept that some
of the changes were "desirable", but was also concerned they didn't
address all the issues on Windows. I *would* like to see all the issues
addressed but I think that is outside the scope of this PEP.

I simply think Windows is outside the scope of this PEP - the title is "The "python" command on Unix-Like Systems" - IMO it should be kept short and focus on exactly what the title says.

A generic Python launcher that could be used for the file association
and honours the Unix style shebang line, delegating to the appropriate
version of python, is an interesting idea but out of the scope of this PEP.

As above - I think Windows should be kept out of scope.

It would be interesting to see if Mark, or others, are strongly opposed
to these ideas or have strong preferences. If the biggest downside is
really that it still leaves some issues unresolved then lets do this and
tackle the other issues separately.

As mentioned in my other email, I'm -0 as I think they are slightly misguided. Why not leave the PEP with "Unix-like" in the title to Unix-like systems and create one with Windows in the title for Windows? :)

Cheers,

Mark