> Well, it's "should", not "must" ;)
> When writing this, I had in mind that other projects have different
> workflows, where indeed people never collapse and many tiny changesets
> (which are only significant as part of a bigger work) end up in the main
> history. The point is to signal that it's not how we work.

Having to be nitpicking here "not how you (Antoine) want us to work".
"We" aren't using mercurial long enough to make such a statement.

I still propose to loosen this restriction, and go with that for a
while. Perhaps improve the email hook to give more condensed reports.
If people then complain about too much fine-grainedness, we could
tighten it again.

Regards,
Martin