Giampaolo RodolĂ , 22.11.2011 10:21:
2011/11/21 Terry Reedy:
I strongly recommend that where it makes a difference, the pypy python3
project target 3.3. In particular, don't reproduce the buggy narrow-build
behavior of 3.2 and before (perhaps pypy avoids this already). Do include
the new unicode capi in cpyext. I anticipate that 3.3 will see more
production use than 3.2

Is there a reason in particular?

Well, Py3 still has a lot to catch up in terms of wide spread distribution compared to Py2.x, and new users will usually start using the most up to date release, which will soon be 3.3.

Besides, 3.3 has received various optimisations that make it more suitable for production use than 3.2, including the above mentioned Unicode optimisations.

Stefan