Wiadomość napisana przez stefan brunthaler w dniu 1 lut 2012, o godz. 16:55:

>> And how do you know that you really got it so right that it was the last
>> time ever
>> that you needed your generator for it?
>
> I am positive that I am going to need my code generator in the future,
> as I have several ideas to increase performance even more.

Hello, Stefan.
First let me thank you for your interest in improving the interpreter. We
appreciate and encourage efforts to make it perform better.

But let me put this straight: as an open-source project, we are hesitant to
accept changes which depend on closed software. Even if your optimization
techniques would result in performance a hundred times better than what is
currently achieved, we would still be wary to accept them.

Please note that this is not because of lack of trust or better yet greed for
your code. We need to make sure
that under no circumstances our codebase is in danger because something
important was left out along the way.

Maintenance of generated code is yet another nuissance that should better be
strongly justified.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Langa