On Feb 27, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>I find this rationale a bit sad: it's not that there is any (IMO) good
>technical reason for the feature - only that people "hate" the many
>available alternatives for some reason.

It makes me sad too, and as I've said, I personally have no problem with the
existing solutions.  They work just fine for me.

But I also consistently hear from folks doing web frameworks that there's a
big missing piece in the Python 3 story for them.  Maybe restoring u-prefix
solves their problem, or maybe there's another better solution out there.  I
don't do a lot of web development these days so I can't say.

-Barry