Hi,

Le 03/03/2012 22:57, Ned Deily a écrit :
> The python.org OS X Pythons (and built-from-source framework builds) add
> the Apple-specific directory to the search path in order to allow
> sharing of installed third-party packages between the two.

The interesting thing to me here is that Ned’s decision to allow sharing
some installed distributions/packages on Mac OS X is (IIUC)
diametrically opposed to the one made by Canonical developers when they
invented the dist-packages directory for Debian and Ubuntu to prevent
breaking the system Python by installing a distribution/package with a
python.org/built-from-source Python installed under /usr/local.

(On that note, there is still time to land
http://bugs.python.org/issue1298835 “Adding a vendor-packages directory”
into 3.3.)

Regards