In article <4f54c6c3.9040...@netwok.org>,
 Éric Araujo <mer...@netwok.org> wrote:
> Le 03/03/2012 22:57, Ned Deily a écrit :
> > The python.org OS X Pythons (and built-from-source framework builds) add
> > the Apple-specific directory to the search path in order to allow
> > sharing of installed third-party packages between the two.
> The interesting thing to me here is that Ned’s decision to allow sharing
> some installed distributions/packages on Mac OS X is (IIUC)
> diametrically opposed to the one made by Canonical developers when they
> invented the dist-packages directory for Debian and Ubuntu to prevent
> breaking the system Python by installing a distribution/package with a
> python.org/built-from-source Python installed under /usr/local.

Just to be clear, it wasn't my decision; this feature was added before I
was a core developer.  In any case, this is the opposite case: the
system Python is not affected by this feature.  It affects
user-installed framework-build Pythons, such as those provided by
python.org installers, allowing them to share distributions explicitly
installed by the user with the system Pythons.  It also does not share
3rd-party distributions included by Apple with the system Pythons.   I'm
+0 on it myself.

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org