On 06/06/2012 09:16 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
Nevertheless, the world is full of doorknobs, and people will have to deal with their code.

I'm having a hard time seeing it. Can you propose a credible situation where

 * some programmer would have a reason (even a bad reason) to modify
   the cached Signature for a function,
 * as a result it would no longer correctly match the corresponding
   function,
 * you would be forced to interact with this code and the modified
   Signature, and
 * it would cause you problems?

If you can, what adjustment would you make to the PEP to ameliorate this situation?

And, as Brett cites, the consenting adults rule applies here.

All of a sudden I'm thinking of "Olsen's Standard Book Of British Birds",

//arry/