Nick Coghlan wrote:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:
Brett Cannon wrote:
This is also Python, the language that assumes everyone is an consenting
adult.

Exactly, which is why I'm not asking for __signature__ to be immutable. Who
knows, despite Larry's skepticism (and mine!), perhaps there is a use-case
for __signature__ being modified that we haven't thought of yet.
But that's not really the point. It may be that nobody will be stupid enough
to mangle __signature__, and inspect.getfullargspec becomes redundant.

I've presented use cases for doing this already. Please stop calling me stupid.

I'm sorry Nick, I missed your email and my choice of words was poor. Please accept my apologies.

--
Steven