On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:
> IMHO, we should remove the plat-* directories, they are completely
> unmaintained, undocumented, and serve no useful purpose.
Oh I didn't know that - so definitely adding to that is right out :)

Really for cases like Jython's zlib.py (no useful code for CPython) I
don't have any trouble keeping them entirely in Jython. It just would
have been fun to delete our Lib/ :)

It would be nice in this particular case if there was a zlib.py that
imported _zlib -- then it would be easy to shim in Jython's version,
whether it is written in a .py file or in Java.

-Frank