18.07.13 21:54, Brian Curtin написав(ла):
Besides visual consistency in a couple of places, is there a reason to
care enough to make a wholesale change?

Single hyphen instead of a dash just looks too ugly to me.

Trying to fix this I noticed that the documentation is inconsistent regarding the dash. Sometimes en and em dashes meet in the same line and in the same sentence. I.e.:

"""
The :mod:`weakref` module also allows creating proxy objects which behave like weak references --- an object referenced only by proxy objects is deallocated --
but instead of requiring an explicit call to retrieve the object, the proxy
"""