On 13/01/2014 21:01, Paul Moore wrote:

I think this should be for 3.5, and should not involve an accelerated
release of 3.5 - we should get it into the 3.5 code early and let
people thrash out the details during the 3.5 release cycle.

I disagree, it should be on pypi now so people can start trying it out, or as others have suggested incorporate it into the six module. Surely that'd make the job of getting it into 3.5 far easier?

Paul.

PS For all the heated arguments and occasional frayed tempers, this
has been an impressively civil debate. I think that's one of the best
things about python-dev, that discussions like these never degenerate
into flamewars. Kudos to all concerned!

+1

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence