On 2/23/2014 2:25 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 14:14:55 -0800
Glenn Linderman <v+pyt...@g.nevcal.com> wrote:
On 2/23/2014 1:37 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
And you certainly*don't*  print debugging output into a wire protocol.
Web server applications do, so they can be displayed in the browser.
They may embed debugging information into some HTML code, which then
will be sent over the wire. However, usually they don't print debugging
output directly into HTTP.

The HTML is sent over the wire via HTTP... that's pretty directly in the wire protocol... the HTTP headers are immediately followed by the HTML, and when the document is being generated on the fly, it may also be being encoded on the fly. I've seen it done, although I can't confirm or deny the "usually" claim you have made.