On 20 March 2014 17:17, Larry Hastings <la...@hastings.org> wrote:
> On 03/19/2014 08:49 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
> I had vague plans to bug Graham (yay, spelling!) about proposing wrapt for
> inclusion in 3.5 (possibly split between functools and types rather than as
> a completely new module, though).
>

> I pinged him about it for 3.4.  He didn't have the time for it.  I hope we
> can talk him into it for 3.5, wrapt is pretty sweet!

So long as Graham's willing to go along with it, he doesn't have to to
be the one to write the PEP. Just needs someone that understands the
problem it's designed to solve and is willing to write it up as a PEP,
and look at the question of whether it makes more sense to drop it in
wholesale as a new module, or to break it up amongst existing modules.
(and python-ideas discussion can help with that).

One particularly thorny question to investigate: would it be possible
to *implicitly* switch functools.wraps() over to using it? I suspect
the backwards compatibility implications wouldn't be acceptable, but
the idea at least needs to be looked into to identify the specific
problems with the concept.

Cheers,
Nick.