On Apr 25, 2014, at 11:06 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>And from *outside* of your organization, it's a no-brainer.  PEP 8 is
>what Python itself and most 3rd party OSS modules use.  Getting your
>people to use PEP 8 will make it a lot easier for them to learn to
>read Python core and stdlib code, and once they start reading --- why,
>the obvious next step is *contributing*.  Yay! ;-)

And if you do deviate from PEP 8, I think it's quite helpful to publish a
style guide outlining the deviations.  It helps others contribute to your
project.  Of course, the first line of that style guide should be:

    `PEP 8`_ is the basis for this style guide so its recommendations
    should be followed except for the differences outlined here.

:)

cheers,
-Barry