Glenn Linderman writes:

 > Well, this thread seems to be top-posted.... so...

Not a good enough reason for me!<wink />

 > Why not provide _urlopen_with_scary_keyword_parameter as the
 > monkey-patch option?
 >
 > So after the (global to the module) monkeypatch, they would _still_ have
 > to add the keyword parameter.

I understand the hardline position, though I don't like it: "if you
don't know how to do it yourself, we won't help you do it at all."[1]

But this "defense in depth" suggestion really violates the "consenting
adults" principle.  One warning in the docs and another in the name
itself should be enough, and if it isn't, Mommy should take Jimmy's
RaspberryPi away.

Footnotes:
[1]  Personally, I think that taken seriously, this reasoning applies
to anybody who uses computers for anything other than programming,
though.  Should anybody be allowed to use computers, given that
they're going to put their personal data on Facebook for their
stalkers to see or inadvertently install botnet software with whatever
warez they are weak for?