Since it may come in handy when discussing "Why was Python 3
necessary?" with folks, I wanted to point out that my article on the
transition to multilingual programming has now been reposted on the
Red Hat developer blog:
http://developerblog.redhat.com/2014/09/09/transition-to-multilingual-programming-python/

I wouldn't normally bring the Red Hat brand into an upstream
discussion like that, but this myth that Python 3 is killing the
language, and that Python 2 could have continued as a viable
development platform indefinitely "if only Guido and the core
development team hadn't decided to go ahead and create Python 3", is
just plain wrong, and it really needs to die.

I'm hoping that borrowing a bit of Red Hat's enterprise credibility
will finally get people to understand that we really do have some idea
what we're doing, which is why most of our redistributors and many of
our key users are helping to push the migration forward, while we also
continue to support existing Python 2 users :)

Cheers,
Nick.