> Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:29:11 +0000
> Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
>>> If that "must be self-hosted" constraint is removed, then the
>>> obvious candidate for Mercurial hosting that supports online editing
>>> + pull requests is the PSF's BitBucket account.
>>>

>> There's also CodePlex and (ironically) SourceForge for open-source hg
>> hosting.
>
> I hope nobody's gonna suggest SourceForge seriously for anything. It's the
> SharePoint (or Lotus Notes) of software forges.

SourceForge can be Lotus Notes; CodePlex is SharePoint :-)

BitBucket is a much better option than either of those. Since I discovered
hggit (and got it working), I'm less opposed to github than I have ever been,
but I still prefer BitBucket. It just feels more pragmatic and less like a
cattle market.

I'm not hugely for/against moving the repo, though I do like the general idea
of reducing the amount of work committers have to do.

Cheers,
Steve