On Nov 24, 2014 3:12 AM, "Nick Coghlan" <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2014 10:41, "Donald Stufft" <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
> >

> > > On Nov 23, 2014, at 6:57 PM, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info>
wrote:

> > > Encouraging a software, or social, monopoly is never the right thing
for
> > > the long term.
> > >
> > > http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201405/github_monoculture.html
> >
> > I don’t think this is really all that big of a deal. If we want to move
> > off of Github doing so is easy.
>
> It's only easy to leave if you never adopt any GitHub-only services like
Travis CI. It's the same lockin play as the one Google uses: make it easy
for people to move their data, so they're less likely to notice you're
locking them in with proprietary APIs and ecosystems instead.

- [ ] list of features ranked by stakeholder value
- [ ] pingbacks
- [ ] in-band build status
- [ ] tagging commits with #num
- [ ] web standards for integration (HTTP webhooks are the standards here)
... 'Zapier'

For this acquisition; is there a feature comparison matrix with
alternatives across the top and namespaced features along the side?

> You unlikely to see significant amounts of VC funding pouring into a
company unless the investors see a possible chance to extract monopoly
rents at some point in the future.