On 19 February 2015 at 18:11, Jim J. Jewett <jimjjew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, I don't think reserving anything is something I, as an
>> individual (and specifically a non-Unix user) should do. It probably
>> should be handled by the PSF, as the process seems to need a contact
>> email address...
>
> Ideally, it would be a long-lasting organizational address, such as
> pep-edi...@python.org.  But often, it isn't.

Given that .py isn't on that list in any form I could locate, I don't
think it's reasonable to add .pyz. If someone wants to propose adding
both, I'd be fine with that, but it can be done independently of PEP
441. I'll add a note to the PEP to that effect.

On that note, I intend to post the latest version of the PEP, and the
reference implementation, tomorrow. I'll get the official version of
the PEP on python.org updated at the same time.

Paul