On 11Aug2015 01:00, Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com> wrote:
By the way, I don't think that fu'...' syntax should be allowed. IMHO
u'...' was only reintroduced to Python 3.3 to ease transition from Python 2
to Python 3 of the existing u'...' Syntax. Since f'...' is a new syntax,
backward compatibility doesn't matter here.

There's another reason to resist the fu'...' prefix: political correctness.

To illustrate, there's a consumer rights TV snow here with a segment called "F.U. Tube", where members of the public describe ripoffs and other product failures in video form. While a phonetic play on the name "YouTube", the abbreviation also colloquially means just what you think it might. I can just imagine reciting one of these new strings out loud...

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au>

People shouldn't be allowed to build overpasses ...
       - Dianne "I know what's best for you" Feinstein after the '94 LA quake.