On 12/18/2015 10:36 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

    I was opted to the signal module because `signal` documentation
    suggest that
    it alos supports Windows while asyncio documentation states that
    `loop.
    add_signal_handler()` is UNIX only.

Unfortunately that's true, but using the signal module with asyncio the way you did is *not* safe. The only safe way is to use the loop.add_signal_handler() interface.

Does this mean Windows users should not bother trying to use asyncio ?

(I haven't yet, due to lack of time, but I'd hate to think of folks, including myself in the future, investing a lot of time developing something and then discover it can never be reliable, due to this sort of "unsafe" or "not-available-on-Windows" feature.)