On 13.09.2016 19:59, MRAB wrote:
The recommended way of dealing with features across different versions of Python is to check for them and see if they raise NameError or whatever, but I wonder if there would be any benefit to recording such things somewhere, e.g. sys.features['ordered_args'] returns True if arguments are passed in an ordered dict.

Just to check: do people really that often change between Python implementations?

My personal experience with this kind of compatibility is that it is rarely needed for large and complex programs. That is due to deployment and testing issues (at least in our environment as we run multiple Python services on a multitude of servers).

Best,
Sven