On 13.09.2016 20:21, Tres Seaver wrote:
*Lots* of library authors have to straddle Python versions: consumers of
those libraries only get to pick and choose when their code is at the
"leaf" of the dependency tree (the application).

Maybe, I didn't express myself well but this was not my intended question. Using this argument for not driving the evolution of the language spec, doesn't seem reasonable. Changes are necessary from time to time and this one in particular is not breaking compatibility with older versions. So, existing libs are okay. But why shouldn't the ordering of dicts not be an advertisable feature for application developers or developers of future libs? My reasoning so far is that in those circumstances people **won't switch** from CPython 3.6 to Cython to PyPy back to CPython 2.7 once a week (drawn from my experience at least). But maybe I'm wrong here.

Cheers,
Sven