On Jul 17, 2017, at 10:59, Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ISTM this issue is being pressed by micro-optimizers who are being very
> aggressive and not responding to actual user needs (it is more an invented
> issue than a real one).  Named tuple has been around for a long time and
> users have been somewhat happy with it.

Regardless of whether this particular optimization is a good idea or not, start
up time *is* a serious challenge in many environments for CPython in particular
and the perception of Python’s applicability to many problems.  I think we’re
better off trying to identify and address such problems than ignoring or
minimizing them.

Cheers,
-Barry