There are some weighty things being said in this subthread that shouldn't
be hidden under the heading of improving NamedTuple. For continued
discussion of our development philosophy let's open a new thread. (I have
an opinion but I expect I'm not the only one with that opinion, so I'll let
others express theirs first.)

--Guido

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)