On 2017-09-23 10:45, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

Hi Eric,

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 19:09:01 -0600
Eric Snow <ericsnowcurren...@gmail.com> wrote:

Please elaborate.  I'm interested in understanding what you mean here.
Do you have some subinterpreter-based concurrency improvements in
mind?  What aspect of CSP is the PEP following too faithfully?

See below the discussion of blocking send()s :-)

As to "running_interpreters()" and "idle_interpreters()", I'm not sure
what the benefit would be.  You can compose either list manually with
a simple comprehension:

    [interp for interp in interpreters.list_all() if interp.is_running()]
    [interp for interp in interpreters.list_all() if not interp.is_running()]

There is a inherit race condition in doing that, at least if
interpreters are running in multiple threads (which I assume is going
to be the overly dominant usage model).  That is why I'm proposing all
three variants.

An alternative to 3 variants would be:

    interpreters.list_all(running=True)

    interpreters.list_all(running=False)