On 2018-01-03, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> I haven't found 'finally' clauses in
> https://github.com/gevent/gevent/blob/master/src/gevent/libev/corecffi.py.
> Perhaps this code was changed in recent versions.

Yes, I was looking at was git revision bcf4f65e.  I reran my AST
checker and found this:

./src/gevent/_ffi/loop.py: 181: return inside finally

> In any case we now know that this combination is occurred (but
> very rarely) in the wild.

Looks like it.  If we do want to seriously consider changing the
grammar, I will download more packages of PyPI and check them.

BTW, ./src/gevent/threadpool.py doesn't compile with 3.7 because it
uses 'async' as a variable name.  So either they didn't notice the
deprecation warnings or they didn't care to update their code.

Regards,

  Neil