On 08/10/2016 06:49 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"PV" == Petr Viktorin <pvikt...@redhat.com> writes:

PV> * One macro for getting the canonical (normalized) dist-name:
PV>     %{python_dist_name NAME}

Do you mean "setting" here?

No, getting. Example expansion:
%{python_dist_name ndg_HTTPSclient} => ndg-httpsclient

This is normalization that PyPI/pip apply. The goal is that if you can do "pip install X", you can also use "X" in these macros (as long as it's packaged).

PV> * Four macros for adding Requires and BuildRequires lines (which use
PV>   the python_dist_name macro above):

PV>   %{requires_python3_dist NAME} => Requires: python3.Ydist(name)
PV>   %{buildrequires_python3_dist NAME} => BuildRequires: %python3dist(name)
PV>   and similarly for Python 2.

Hmm, I'll have to think about this.  I do prefer the python macros all
actually start with "python" or "py" just to make them easily
recognizable and memorable.  And making them too long, well, just
contributes to verbosity which we'd like to get away from.

Would "python3_requires" and "python3_buildrequires" be better?

I had them start with "requires" as they expand to "Requires:", but I'm not attached to the name.

I also need to think about how this fits in with other macro work that's
been happening.

Please do and share your thoughts, I trust you have a good feel for consistency here.

--
Petr Viktorin