On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 1:12 PM Richard Hughes
<rhug...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm building python-uswid as a rpm as it's going to be needed by the
> fwupd-efi package at build time in the near future. I'm also the upstream
> maintainer, so I'm not against changing upstream and then tagging a new
> release if there's something that needs to be fixed to build a Fedora
> package. I'm no python expert, so advice very welcome.
>
> I've uploaded a srpm here and I'd appreciate some early 40,000ft checks
> before I submit a Fedora package review:
> https://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/python-uswid-0.4.1-1.fc37.src.rpm
>  -- the upstream is https://github.com/hughsie/python-uswid/ for the curious.
>
> Thanks!

It mostly looks okay, but there's some spec details that need tuning
up, as I've written below:

> License:        LGPLv2+

This should be "LGPL-2.1-or-later"

Cf.
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/LicensingGuidelines/#_valid_license_short_names

> Source0:
> https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/af/b5/f935629332e1e3bf5bdc0d108c42d487df7ab6dfeafc7dfb35fd83fff0f1/%{srcname}-%{version}.tar.gz

You can simply this by using "%{pypi_source %{srcname}}"

Cf.
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Python_201x/#_source_files_from_pypi

> %files -n %{name}

This needs to be python3-%{srcname}, and you need to define "%package
-n python3-%{srcname}"

Cf.
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Python_201x/#_naming

You may optionally decide to split out the main binary into another
subpackage named "%{srcname}" if you choose. If you do, it needs a
hard exact dependency on "python3-%{srcname}".