Hi.

This sounds like an interesting idea for one more reason. We are currently working on the update of pytest to version 8 and that version no longer runs nose setup/teardown functions/methods which, as far as we know now, is a change that breaks a lot of packages we previously migrated from nose to pytest.

For some of those it might be easier to switch them to pynose than to try to fix their tests for pytest.

But we already saw some successors of nose and they weren't really successfull.

Lumír