Mikhail V wrote:
Those things cannot be easiliy measured, if at all,

If you can't measure something, you can't be sure
it exists at all.

> In my case I am looking at what I've achieved
during years of my work on it and indeed there some
interesting things there.

Have you *measured* anything, though? Do you have
any feel for how *big* the effects you're talking
about are?

There must *very* solid reason
for digits+letters against my variant, wonder what is it.

The reasons only have to be *very* solid if there
are *very* large advantages to the alternative you
propose. My conjecture is that the advantages are
actually extremely *small* by comparison. To refute
that, you would need to provide some evidence to
the contrary.

Here are some reasons in favour of the current
system:

* At the point where most people learn to program,
they are already intimately familiar with reading,
writing and pronouncing letters and digits.

* It makes sense to use 0-9 to represent the first
ten digits, because they have the same numerical
value.

* Using letters for the remaining digits, rather
than punctuation characters, makes sense because
we're already used to thinking of them as a group.

* Using a consecutive sequence of letters makes
sense because we're already familiar with their
ordering.

* In the absence of any strong reason otherwise,
we might as well take them from the beginning of
the alphabet.

Yes, those are all based on "habits", but they're
habits shared by everyone, just like the base 10
that you have a preference for. You would have to
provide some strong evidence that it's worth
disregarding them and using your system instead.

--
Greg