On 07/17/2017 06:25 PM, Eric Snow wrote:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:

Guido has decreed that namedtuple shall be reimplemented with speed in mind.

FWIW, I'm sure that any changes to namedtuple will be kept as minimal
as possible.  Changes would be limited to the underlying
implementation, and would not include the namedtuple() signature, or
using metaclasses, etc.  However, I don't presume to speak for Guido
or Raymond. :)

I certainly don't expect the signature to change, but why is using a metaclass out? The use (or not) of a metaclass /is/ an implementation detail.

--
~Ethan~