The documentation is pretty opaque or non-existent on other aspects of
importlib use, too.  If I enable warnings, I see this (and many more like
it).  I've read PEP 302 a couple times, read the code in importlib that
detects the warning and searched down several rabbit holes, only to come up
empty...

T:\Python36\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py:219: ImportWarning: can't resolve
package from __spec__ or __package__, falling back on __name__ and __path__

My thoughts when I see it: "Ok.  So what does that mean?  Is it bad?  It
must be bad, otherwise I wouldn't get a warning.  How do I reconcile
__spec__ and __package__?  Which one is missing and/or incorrect?"