Python has dropped the GUI ball, at least for beginners (in my opinion)

While the Python language is awesomely compact, the GUI code is far from
compact.  Tkinter will create a nice looking GUI, but you've got to be skilled
to use it.  A student in their first week of Python programming is not going to
be working with tkinter.

It would be nice if beginners could double click a .py file and have it launch
straight into a GUI, like most of the programs people are used to using.

I think I've stumbled onto a framework that could work very well for creating
fairly complex custom-layout GUIs.

A package was released recently that uses this framework. It's called
PySimpleGUI<https://github.com/MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI>.  It is a wrapper
for tkinter so that it'll run on almost any system Python will run on.  There
are no other dependencies and it's a single file so that it can be easily
dropped into someone's project folder for immediate use without messing with
pip installs.

You can read more:
PySimpleGUI Tutorial<https://pysimplegui.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/>
PySimpleGUI Cookbook<https://pysimplegui.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cookbook/>
PySimpleGUI Reverence Document<https://pysimplegui.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>
A bunch of screenshots<https://github.com/MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI/issues/1>

I am not seeking fame, recognition, or any other personal gain.  I could care
less if my name is associated with this design.  My goal is to get Python off
the command line and onto the screen.

I am, however, making a serious in my attempt to get serious Python community
members to weigh in on the best approach for getting acceptance.

A sizeable user-base is likely a requirement.  Interest has been brisk over the
past few weeks with the basic
GitHub<https://github.com/MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI> stats having made great
strides toward the EasyGUI<https://github.com/robertlugg/easygui> values.  It's
not a competition, but rather a benchmark to check progress.

Comments, suggestions, pointers in new directions are all welcomed.

Thank you very much for your time.  I have not been a part of this mailing list
in the past, so I hope I'm using it within the guidelines.  Someone pointed me
in this direction to get feedback and into the process.

@mike<mailto:mike_barn...@hotmail.com>