On 2018-08-24 16:27, Mike Barnett wrote:
Liking the comments Paul!

[snip]
It has the call information about the Text widget and all the others.  Is this
what you mean by a Signature?

Text(Text,
     scale=(None, None),
     size=(None, None),
     auto_size_text=None,
     font=None,
     text_color=None,
     justification=None)
.

Text - The text that's displayed
size - Element's size
auto_size_text - Bool. Change width to match size of text
font - Font name and size to use
text_color - text color
justification - Justification for the text. String - 'left', 'right', 'center'

Static text is usually called a "label" in the GUIs I've used, including tkinter.

[snip]

2. Advanced features - how would I extend it if I have a need that it doesn't
cover? For example, a canvas object or an image?
I have Images.
Don't have Canvas.  Any particular operations desired for the Canvas Element
should I have one?

A canvas can contain images, lines and shapes, which is useful for diagrams and drawings.

3. It doesn't seem to use native widgets (the buttons have a non-standard look
on my Windows PC).
The defaults can be easily changed.  The default buttons are the one widget
that I modify from the system default.  The reason was that the system default
is a gray button.  It pretty much matches the background.

If you want your buttons to all look like the system default, slip this line of
code at the top:

sg.SetOptions(button_color=sg.COLOR_SYSTEM_DEFAULT)

Looking at the page on PyPI, those coloured buttons do look odd to me. I think the default should be the system default.

Also, I think those buttons labelled "Submit" should be labelled "OK".