On 9/13/2018 7:34 PM, Tim Peters wrote:

I already made clear that I'm opposed to changing it.\

To me, this settles the issues. As author, you own the copyright on your work. The CLA allows revision of contributions, but I don't think that contributed poetry should be treated the same as code and docs.

The free verse form reminds me more of Hindu-Jain-Buddhist sutras, with a bit of Monty Python tossed in, rather than of Zen writing. I presume that 'Zen' refers more to the method of composition, and the lack of post-production editing, than to the content.

If the text were up for grabs, I would want to change some periods to semi-colons and reconsider some of the other lines.

The 'beauty' line is one of multiple contrasts, and should be judged in that context, not in isolation.

--
Terry Jan Reedy