On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:53 AM Robert Collins
<robe...@robertcollins.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 00:44, Marko Ristin-Kaufmann
> <marko.ris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > P.S. My offer still stands: I would be very glad to annotate with contracts
> > a set of functions you deem representative (e.g., from a standard library
> > or from some widely used library). Then we can discuss how these contracts.
> > It would be an inaccurate estimate of the benefits of DbC in Python, but
> > it's at least better than no estimate. We can have as little as 10
> > functions for the start. Hopefully a couple of other people would join, so
> > then we can even see what the variance of contracts would look like.
>
> i think requests would be a very interesting library to annotate. Just
> had a confused developer wondering why calling an API with
> session.post(...., data={...some object dict here}) didn't work
> properly. (Solved by s/data/json), but perhaps illustrative of
> something this might help with?

Not sure what you mean by not working; my suspicion is that it DID
work, but didn't do what you thought it did (it would form-encode).
Contracts wouldn't help there, because it's fully legal and correct.

(Unless session.post() differs from requests.post(), but I doubt that
that'd be the case.)

ChrisA